Plain text is fast. It’s portable. It’s easy to edit and easy to sync. All you need is a few helpers and you can write just about anything without depending on a word processor or the limitations it imposes.
Marked takes Markdown text–a simple syntax you can learn in minutes–and turns it into beautiful documents for you. It will update a preview as you work (with several high-quality themes to choose from, or design your own), refreshing every time you save. It can even automatically scroll the preview to where you’re currently editing in your document.
With one click you can copy HTML for posting online or including in web pages, copy rich text, save a PDF or print your work. Marked includes tools for handling page breaks, titles, table of contents and much more.
If you write, Marked can help
Your favorite editor may have a Markdown preview, but it can't do what Marked can. Marked's full MultiMarkdown processor and specialized syntax handling provides capabilities far beyond what any current editor's Markdown preview can accomplish. Add on the flexibility of custom CSS, custom processors, and full export options and Marked wins hands down.
- Marked can be a simple preview and a transparent addition to your workflow, but under the surface it's packed with the features you need to write smarter:
- External link validation
- Support for footnotes, tables and math syntax
- Full keyboard navigation
- Shortcut for jumping back to your editor
- Scroll to most recent edit on refresh
- Much more… see the documentation for a full overview!
- Professional writer? Marked has you covered:
- Scrivener support: view your full Scrivener project as a single document, fully rendered
- Multi-file documents with include syntax and support for mmd_merge and Leanpub formats
- Document statistics, including Fog Index and Readability scoring
- Using the flexible custom processor feature, Marked can even support Fountain, a special Markdown-like syntax for screenwriting
- If you're writing technical documentation, Marked can help:
- Automatic syntax highlighting
- Github-style line breaks
- An accurate Github preview for Readme files
- Fenced code blocks with support for multiple formats
- Include code from external files and have it automatically escaped and highlighted in your document
Marked's full help system is available for you to peruse. Full details for all features included.